St. George relocation information.Find out more about what the area offers in terms of schools,
safety, jobs and find your new home.
Are you relocating to St. George? We can help. With twenty years experience in the Southern Utah market, we can help you identify the top communities for you and your family.
Southern Utah is a fantastic place to live. Towering mountains, rivers and stunning red rocks provide nearly endless outdoor activities. The unspoiled beauty, brilliant sunshine, friendly people and city amenities are without all the smog and traffic seen in larger areas in the west. These factors combine to create the ideal place to call home. St. George has made numerous best places to live lists and was elected as ‘The Great Outdoors’ city winner in Money Magazine’s 2015 Best Places to Retire
Schools and Safety
Schools are excellent and safe with several local schools ranked among the top schools in Utah. All schools in our area are managed by one school district, Washington County School District.
The high schools in the St. George area are:
– Dixie High School (near downtown St. George)
– Snow Canyon High School (on the west side of St. George near Santa Clara)
– Desert Hills High School (southern part of St. George)
– Pine View High School (on the east side of St. George near Washington)
– Hurricane High School
– Millcreek Alternative High School
– Tuacahn High School for the Performing Arts (in Ivins, the first public charter school in Utah)
The public charter schools in the area are:
– George Washington Academy (St. George, K-8)
– Vista School (Ivins, Grades K-8)
Dixie State University is in St. George, having just reached university status in 2013, it provides excellent educational opportunities and talent for local business.
St. George is a safe community. In a recent survey, it was ranked one of the top 10 safest metro areas in the west.
St. George is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. In addition to its natural beauty and warm, sunny weather, having a central location in the southwest, being along I-15, and less than a day’s drive to California ports, have helped spur St. George’s growth. Several companies from California and neighboring states have moved to St. George in recent years to take advantage of its amenities and cost advantages.
The largest employers in Washington County are:
– Intermountain Health Care/Dixie Regional Medical Center
– Washington County School District
– Dixie State University
– Wal-Mart (there’s a distribution center in Hurricane)
– City of St. George
– SkyWest Airlines (headquarters in St. George)
With all the growth in Washington County, there’s great opportunities for startups and new business!